Monday, May 25, 2009

thunder, lightning, oh my

hey there.
I am sitting at my kitchen table. There is a very dark cloud over our pool cage...thunder in the back ground...ahh, my favorite weather. A good thunderstorm!

I fall to sleep at night with the "thunderstorm" music on my iPod. I find it very soothing. I have written about my obession over storms...so no more.

I recently got "reunited" with a special friend, Amy R. She now gives her life on the mission field in Ghana with her husband Terry. Ahhh, the Ruff family, truly God's servants! God bless you both! Molly wants to come to see you all!

Megan is busy filling out teaching applications. Brian is at work. Molly is at Busch Gardens with girlfriends. And i have been "peeking" at blogs. Such cute ones out there and their homes are amazing. It makes me want to go and be "crafty" in my craft room. hmmm...well maybe, tomorrow.

It is Memorial Day...thanks to all those who have served, are serving, and will be serving! amazing servants!

Brian and I went to a dollar flic (actually costs 2.00) last night called "The Knowing". Jeeper, creepers...i was "creeped" out! I kept putting my feet up off the ground. It was good just creepy. There was a "spiritual" side to it...if you choose to go that direction. Which we did.

We are cruising soon. Yes, Brian has decided to sweep me off my feet and take me away for more than "calgon" nights. He is taking me on a 5 day cruise. It is leaving out of Tampa (close!) and it is only stopping at Grand Cayman (2 nights). So that should be fun. I am trying not to focus on the fact he did not give me a chance to lose 20lbs before i leave. And just focus on the fact he wants to take me away. So God bless this time. Brian said he is very "tired" and needs to get away and just R&R (rest and read). So we leave a week from today...yikes...but I tell myself NOT to go there!

So please every once in awhile "comment" so i know i have someone reading this. That is probably very selfish of me...or pitiful!

So I am going to go into my craft room and clean out the cedar chest my parents gave me. See if I can put it to better use. Is there such a thing as "summer" cleaning, since I obviously missed "spring" cleaning.

So have a great God filled day...look for the blessings He has for you. Are we not just blessed to BE HERE! To KNOW HIM. To live where we can WORSHIP freely. Wow! I am awed at the thought of how Awesome God is...but am such a small being that i do not think i can truly fathom just how AWESOME OUR GOD IS!

1 comment:

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

Wow! A cruise!! So exciting. I would love to go on one someday. I'm so thrilled for you! :) Give your girls hugs for me!