Thursday, February 18, 2010
I am sorry it has been more than a week since words have been typed. Busy? don't know. (saw Cathy, a friend, and fellow reader...thanks...I write for you!)
Anyway, i finally got to see the movie BLINDSIDE...first i learned why it is called that. It is the offensive players "name" (not official name) who covers the quarterbacks "blindside" when the defensive players are coming at him. cool. Second, I highly recommend you all go see it. Probably most of you have seen it. I want to own it. Wow. It was moving, inspiring, and challenging movie.
I guess i could take the word BLINDSIDE and think of it spiritually. God has my BLINDSIDE. GOD has ALL SIDES of me. Yet, i still don't give him 1/2 of me. I am being blindsided by my own lack of obedience. Disobedience can BLINDSIDE me from seeing/hearing God's voice/will for my life. Sad. I guess that is why I need prayer warriors....to protect me...to keep my BLINDSIDE open to God.
Do you have a BLINDSIDE? I do. I am challenged and humbled to go forward and work on it. I want to be BLINDED by GOD' LIGHT!
Thursday, February 4, 2010
I saw on a blog someone wrote their "simple pleasures". Those are the things that bring you pleasure but are simple. So what better thing from the "Real Simple" blog to write my "simple pleasures."
My list of Simple Pleasures....(short list)
1. THUNDERSTORMS...i love them so much that i have a thunderstorm on my iPod i listen to when i fall asleep.
2. SOUNDS OF NATURE...there is a wide range of "nature" sounds on my iPod that I listen too...Amazon Rainforest, Rocky Mountain, Whales, Waves to name a few.
3. MY GIRLS...yes, i know they are grown up woman...but I will always refer to them as "my girls".
4. THE SMELL OF GRASS, fresh mowed.
5. SITTING IN THE FRONT YARD WITH RUTHIE, our mini dachsund and watching her nose go wild. smelling. then i get annoyed when she barks at EVERYTHING that walks by!
6. SMELL OF FALL LEAVES. decaying leaves, doesn't sound pleasurable...but the smell.
7. SITTING AT THE BEACH and watching the waves and listening to them.
8. WALKS...walking and praising God's creation. observing all that HE has done.
9. BIG FLUFFY,DOWN COMFORTERS (don't have one) but when i sleep under them..wow.
10. WATCHING THE WIND BLOW PALM TREES, the sound.
11. WATERFALLS, the sound of any water...rain,etc.
12. MY HUSBAND'S unconditional love for me and all my flaws.
13. PRAISE AND WORSHIP MUSIC...to be in the sanctuary all by myself and listening to great worship music and praising my Jesus....
I guess that is it for this moment. I could probably go on and on...but now it is your turn. Simple pleasures....mine are.....
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Our church is starting a new "all for one" study. And the book is CRAZY LOVE by Francis Chan. (this would be a great time to insert a picture, don't do that very well). I am very excited about the book. It is radical, challenging, and awakening. I pray it does this to me. I pray it does it for our church. It is time to be more respondent (word?) and respectful of our Amazing God. I think i take Him for granted, I know I do. I am ashamed (broken by) of that.
I wake up every morning and tell Him my prayer request. I thank Him for His provisions in my life. I need to spend more time thanking Him for who He is! Emmanuel. God of the Heavens and the Universe. Take in the creations He made out of love for me.
So I am going to open and read and take notes about Crazy Love. Molly has read it 5 times. It is one of her all time favorite books/author. He has another book i want to read about the Holy Spirit (okay, talk about somethng else I am humbled by...and dissappointed I do not call upon more! the Holy Spirit.)
Okay. Just want to encourage all of us to remember....(out of Crazy Love)
1. Take a long hard look at Him before you speak to Him.
2. Solomon warned us not to rush into God's presence with words.
3. The wise man comes to God without saying a word and stands in awe of Him.
4. Through creation we see His "invisible qualities" and "divine nature" (Rom. 1:20)
5. God will not be tolerated...tremble at His very Word.
6. He instructs us to worship and fear Him.
7. Genuinely loving out of our true selves.
8. intentionally and consistently remind ourselves of Him.
9. God is Holy. I am who I am.
10. God remains the same--and His years will never end.
think about this....just points from chapter one.
I shutter at how i have hurt God. I want to change that.