Friday, April 23, 2010

Announcements, Tassels, Mortar Boards and more


Well, the announcements are on the dining room table. They did not come folded. So I guess that is my job. Need a bone folder (Martha Stewart HELP!). I need to go to Sam's and order the wallets to put in the announcements. I also in the process of making a "photo card" for the Open House invites and announcing the GRADUATE. We only got 50"formal" invites and we have over a 100 to send out. Now you know what I am doing this weekend! Crazy busy these days. Molly said it even made her sad seeing the graduation stuff. (but a good sad, a reality check, a "final" notice)

But the coolest thing I see in all this (and what gets me through each moment) is that Jesus planned this moment for Molly. How cool is that! Very cool. I am sad for people who do not know Jesus and do not experience this peace. Jer. 29:11.

I asked Molly for her favorite verse the other day for some project I am doing....she replied "look on the bathroom wall or in the bedroom on the walls" and she is righ. What a blessing to see a teens bathroom with scripture all over the mirror and the bedroom the same! Why does my mirror not look like that? It should. I am humbled by my daughters walk.

So continue to pray for the preparations that need to be finished, all the planning that still is up in the air, and the fun times ahead as we approach that very exciting day.

As I folded the "keepsake" announcement. All I could say is "look mom, oh how I miss you not being here". My heart hurts so badly, (that is my emotional eating problem) Grieving that has still not healed. Moments with my mom that were missed. But I know she is fine. I believe she is aware of this "Molly Moment" and of my tears. She would want me not to be sad and not to shed tears. But to live for the moment. To reach out for Christ hands for comfort. So I shall, mommy, I shall reach out and let Christ hold my hand, just like you did for so many years. Just as we held hands in your Hospice room 4 years ago (My mom entered heaven 4/26/06)

Thanks Jesus for holding my hand and holding my mom's in heaven!

"Jesus, lover of my soul...."

No comments: