Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Our church is starting a new "all for one" study. And the book is CRAZY LOVE by Francis Chan. (this would be a great time to insert a picture, don't do that very well). I am very excited about the book. It is radical, challenging, and awakening. I pray it does this to me. I pray it does it for our church. It is time to be more respondent (word?) and respectful of our Amazing God. I think i take Him for granted, I know I do. I am ashamed (broken by) of that.
I wake up every morning and tell Him my prayer request. I thank Him for His provisions in my life. I need to spend more time thanking Him for who He is! Emmanuel. God of the Heavens and the Universe. Take in the creations He made out of love for me.
So I am going to open and read and take notes about Crazy Love. Molly has read it 5 times. It is one of her all time favorite books/author. He has another book i want to read about the Holy Spirit (okay, talk about somethng else I am humbled by...and dissappointed I do not call upon more! the Holy Spirit.)
Okay. Just want to encourage all of us to remember....(out of Crazy Love)
1. Take a long hard look at Him before you speak to Him.
2. Solomon warned us not to rush into God's presence with words.
3. The wise man comes to God without saying a word and stands in awe of Him.
4. Through creation we see His "invisible qualities" and "divine nature" (Rom. 1:20)
5. God will not be tolerated...tremble at His very Word.
6. He instructs us to worship and fear Him.
7. Genuinely loving out of our true selves.
8. intentionally and consistently remind ourselves of Him.
9. God is Holy. I am who I am.
10. God remains the same--and His years will never end.
think about this....just points from chapter one.
I shutter at how i have hurt God. I want to change that.