Saturday, August 22, 2009

She won't be home for dinner...

"She won't be home for dinner"... is the t-shirt i am presently wearing and it describes my present situation. I don't really have a t-shirt but i come up with great "potential" shirts for people who ask me "what's up" or "how are you doing"...my t-shirt tells them.

The 'she won't be home for dinner' t-shirt is about my daughter, Megan, who just moved out! Saying the statement above sums up a whole lot of feelings and facts.

Feelings: sadness, happiness, excitement, proud, joyful, wonderment, contentment, peace, lonliness, some anxiousness, tearful, and many more.

Facts: she has moved out of the back bedroom...well not completely but close. she is an 1 1/2 hr away in Ft. Myers. Atleast it is not Montana! It is a drivable distance to visit but far enough not to just "drop in". (wish it was today!) She is doing what she has worked so hard for the past 5+ years. Teaching kids with Special learning needs. She seems happy and excited. She looks busy and has a full plate. Some 60+students in the 6,7,8 grade-teaching ESE science. She will do fine. The Lord has her in His hands. I need to trust in her Creator! not the one that 'carried' her (me!).

So what does your t-shirt say? I have had others that have said this: "stay at the corner"; "breathe"; "my straight jacket is pink and yours?"; and others.

Hope you have a fun filled day full of facts and feelings! But the greatest fact is "My Jesus loves me, sustains me, holds me, loves me unconditionally, hugs me, dries my tears, keeps them in a jar, cries with me, laughs with me, and defeats the lies of the bad guy!" May Jesus do the same for you...He already is!!!

3 comments:

Dawn Cartwright said...

The empty nest is getting full again is what my shirt says. With a grad student living with us, and Kelly moving back home while looking for a job, the rooms are filling up.Even with Kristy having a house on campus, she is often here overnight also. I love it!And my husband comes home every night- not having to live in another country this year. My nest is smiling.

Anonymous said...

Mine says, "$50 a day." That's what I'm praying for on average to reach the fundraising goal on www.firstgiving.com/keithspassion. So far so good.

Dawn Cartwright said...

Check out the blessing ring pics on my blog- it was for Jennie Hession. Waiting for yours... Loved the book and stuff- thank you thanks you- I plan on calling....